Monday 26 March 2012

What made me want to pick up a camera in the first place...my kids.
I first bought a DSLR with the intention of capturing my two children's early years, although at the time I owned a compact camera I wanted something with a bit more quality, and to be honest it was one of the best things I have ever done. My first DSLR was an entry level Sony a200 and it served me well. Although I have upgraded now to a full-frame a900 with Carl Zeiss lenses I would have no issues using my a200. As they say it's not the size of your camera, but how you use it, although having better equipment in certain circumstances helps...a lot!
I would say since I started shooting I've pretty much shot every day! At present I work freelance but I don't want to 'box' myself just yet until I've made a firm decision on what to do with my career. 
In the early stages I was part of on online local photography community which was part of the Herald (local paper). I entered a monthly competition and won on several occasions. This has now closed down, but looking back I would say my photography has matured and I and I have learnt a lot in a small space of time. A friend of mine once said ''If you're really passionate about something you will learn and improve without even noticing. The best thing to do is look back and see where you have been'', wise words.
Westminster Walk. ©Matt Elliott 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment